Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let's Dance

Surftech Gerry Lopez 10' Surf Music
 
Length: 10’
Width: 34″
Thick: 4.37″
Vol­ume: 183.2L

 Most of the boards I sell at East of Maui are All-Around boards.  They do everything, and they do everything well. They are the perfect 1st board for anyone getting into the sport of SUP.
I spend most of my time paddling all Around-Boards They are fun!  This spring I have put in a fair  amount of time paddling  race boards, training and trying to get ready for the Carolina Cup SUP Race. For long distance and speed,  race boards are the only way to go, but they just don't give me happy feet.

Today, we got in a new board that just makes me want to dance.  The brand new 2012 Gerry Lopez Surf Music.  I met Gerry and saw this board last fall at the OR Trade show, and I have been lusting after one ever since.  At 34"wide it should have more than enough stability for this 195 pounder to paddle out through the break.  It's 10' overall length it should make it a lot of full in small to medium  surf.  The specs on the board state it has a tri-fin set up, but this one came in w/ 5 fin boxes so it can be run as a quad or tri fin.  STOKED!   The Surftech Tuflite construction is the standard all other boards are judged by.    

I haven't had a chance to paddle this board yet ( It may go to the Carolina Cup with me), but just looking at it makes me want to dance. Crank up the Surf Music!  -MB

 Beautiful High Gloss Finish

With a slightly pulled in nose and the single-to-double con­cave bottom, this board should surf as well as it looks!

Mr. Pipeline- Gerry Lopez taking time out for a Shaka.


No comments:

Post a Comment