Monday, April 23, 2012

Stealth

I had the opportunity to paddle the Stealth 12'6" from Lakeshore Paddleboard Company last week.  Here are some basic first impressions.
Out of the bag this thing just looks fast. 
Like most race boards, it feels slightly tippy when you first climb aboard, but a soon as you start paddling and get moving the board feels more stable.  The very first thing I noticed is that the board feels super stiff.  The second thing, is that it cut through the morning glass like butter. At my 195 lbs,  I felt like the board  felt the best if I stood just forward of the handle.  I think a lighter  person could even get further forward.
My only complaint is that I like to turn my feet slightly outboard when I paddle, and I couldn't quite get comfortable standing in the recessed cockpit. That is my personal problem and not one with the board.

Mark Saunders raced the  board at the Washington Canoe Club Race this past weekend and took a very respectable 3rd place finish in his class. 

I think this would be a very good choice for anyone looking for a serious 12'6" Race board.  However, I would not recommend it to a novice paddler.
 Aloha, MB

Dimensions
Length: 12' 6"
Width: 28




 Ready to go.

Any day on the water is good day.


 Cutting through the morning glass


Mark Saunders heading out for the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment