Thursday, February 20, 2014

SNOWLOHA


Little darling
It's been a long, cold lonely winter
Little darling
It feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
 
Little darling
I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right-  The Beatles

Frosty

We love snow and winter at East of Maui.We have been in love with this winter.  The  snowboard conditions have been better at our local mountains than they've been in years. We've been shredding every chance we get. There is still plenty snowboarding ahead for us, but we live and  think about Stand Up and Surfing everyday. A lot!  
We try to paddle all year, but this winter  has been a tough because of the ice on the creeks, rivers and the Bay. 
Last Sunday my local launch appeared to be ice free, so I climbed into my drysuit and headed out For a paddle.  I had not gone far before encountering big ice flows in the Severn, and upon entering the Harbor, still found it iced over.   I turned back towards the river and had a hard paddle home in building breeze.

Ice Flows

Annapolis Harbor
 
   
Windy!


It was good to get out on the water, if only for a short paddle.  It was a sweet taste of sun, sun, sun, here it comes, and I say it's all right
 Looking forward to seeing everyone out the water soon. Aloha-MB






 

No comments:

Post a Comment